American Express is a renowned credit card company and financial services provider in the world. As a leading company, the company is dedicated to providing professional and reliable customer services to its small business customers (credit card holders). American Express hires home based customer service professionals and travel counselors or agents to provide virtual customer support to its customers. If you have the required skills, experience and educational background, you can apply to become a home based customer service professional with American express.
What Are the Requirements for American Express Home Based Customer Service Positions?
If you are interested in this position, you will need to meet the following requirements across various areas:
- Professional and Educational Qualifications
- Home based virtual customer service experience
- A 4-year degree or 4+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong knowledge of the Internet
- Some experience in sales
- Flexible schedules
- Technical Requirements
- Dedicated telephone line
- Dedicated fast and reliable Internet connection
- A phone headset with noise canceling technology
- A secure and quiet work space or home office that is free from noise and distractions
- Up to date computer
American Express will cover the connection costs and monthly bills of telephone and Internet connection.
What Does an American Express Customer Service Professional Do?
- Answering incoming calls in a fast-paced environment
- Addressing general and account specific customer inquiries
- Providing clear and concise information
- Updating customer account information
- Listening to the customers and building rapport with them
- Providing excellent customer service
Pay and Benefits
Hourly rate starts at $16.13/hour. Top performers can earn bonuses. American Express offers many benefits that include incentive bonus programs, medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, vacation, 401(k) that matches with the company, and other benefits.
Application and Hiring Process
To apply for home based customer service professional position with American Express, please go to the following web address:
Then type in “home based customer service professional” in the search box of the above web page. Look for home based customer service professional positions available in the search results. Apply for the jobs available for this position.
When applying for a position, you might want to get referred by someone you know who works for American Express as the application lets you search your social media accounts and professional networks for any current employees working for American Express. You can request someone you know that they personally refer you for this particular position.
Successful candidates will pass a background verification check and their home office will also be inspected by an American express representative to make sure they meet the company’s standards.
American Express is looking for quality people with relevant skills and experience to represent its brand. If you are looking for a legitimate full-time work from home job that pays well, then becoming a home based customer service professional with this company might be a good fit.