This week is a quickie because of the holiday weekend, Merry Christmas by the way! We covered how Google made two updates to the Google Search Console. First the data in Search Analytics may have changed as they updated their analysis methods for website logs. They also added data for apps to see clicks and impressions on app install buttons in the mobile results. Google is now showing AMP related errors in the structured data testing tool. Google Photos does full page app install interstitial ads and might be considered mobile friendly. Google is showing real time featured snippets. Google is testing more schema to update your local business data in the knowledge graph panel. Google’s No Country Redirect feature isn’t working for some. Google released the knowledge graph API to query. Google’s Festivus pole is a year round easter egg. Check out Google’s Happy Holidays logos. Merry Christmas and that was the past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google: We Are Logging Data Differently It May Impact Search Analytics Reports
- New Google Search Appearance Filter In Search Analytics Report For App Install Buttons
- Google Search Console Now Showing AMP Related Errors
- Google Photos App Install Interstitials Are Google Penalty Worthy
- Almost Real-Time Google Featured Snippets
- Google Pilots Schema To Update Your Local Business Knowledge Graph Data
- Google.com/ncr (No Country Redirect) Not Working For Some
- Google Releases Knowledge Graph Search API
- The Festivus Pole In Google Works All Year Round
- Google’s Holiday Logos Sticks With ‘Tis The Season! Messaging
Please do subscribe via iTunes or on your favorite RSS reader. Don’t forget to comment below with the right answer and good luck!