This week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable, we learn that Google won’t be launching the Penguin 4.0 algorithm this year, it is postponed to next year. I posted my monthly Google Webmaster Report as well. Google first admitted clicks impact local search rankings and then retracted that but wouldn’t clearly say why. Google’s local search filter was removed, so you cannot see results as if you are in another country but the URL parameters still work for now. Google dropped location data from the top search result for local intent queries. Google Place Actions rich snippet documentation is now live. Google Search Console for app crawl errors is still not updated. Google App Install Ads lets you preview apps without downloading them. Google Chrome app may load text before images on slow connections. This past week was my 12th anniversary, my Bat Mitzvah, for writing on search news at the Search Engine Roundtable – thank you all for listening and reading!
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Not Launching Penguin 4.0 This Year; 14+ Months Since Refresh
- December 2015 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Admits Clicks Impact Your Google My Business Listing Rankings
- Google Changes Statement On Clicks Impact Google My Business Rankings
- Google Location Filter Option Changed In The Search Results
- Google’s Near Parameter Still Lets You See Results By Specific Location
- Google Drops Local One-Boxes Pins From Search Results?
- Google Place Actions Revealed: Place Orders, Make Appointments Reservations
- Woes For Google Search Console Crawl Errors For Apps Continues
- New Google App Install Ads: One Streams Your App For 60 Seconds For Free
- Google Chrome App To Load Web Site Content Before Images For Slow Connections
- 12 Years Covering The Search Industry
Please do subscribe via iTunes or on your favorite RSS reader. Don’t forget to comment below with the right answer and good luck!