- Clearer product overview information
- Better guidance on supporting URLs to your app
- Emphasized using HTTP URLs and discouraging custom scheme URLs
- Streamlined instructions on using the App Indexing API
- Provided details about App Indexing API fields
- Updated FAQs
- Created release notes to keep partners updated of changes
There are no actual implementations changes in the documentation, so developers do not need to take any action. They may want to review the new documentation to make sure they did not miss anything but overall, one of the big issues was understanding all the points and requirements in App Indexing. So Google did something about it by updating the docs.
Google said on Google+, “our app indexing docs have been spruced up with streamlined overview and instructions (there are no implementation changes).”
Forum discussion at Google+.